Saturday, July 17, 2010

Advanced Open Water Diver Certification

After a couple days in Thailand of relaxing its become time to be productive again. So I decided to get my Advanced Open Water Certification for Scuba diver. Its been over a year since the last time I went diving so I did the refresher course where we went over all the skills in the pool yesterday.

Today we got to go out on the boat to an amazing dive spot. The boat was real nice and consisted of free breakfast (fruit and toast) and lunch (rice with vegetables). The ride out there was a little rough and we had to take a pill before we left to prevent sea sickness since the waves were incredibly choppy. Once we got to the dive spot it was time to start the skills in the water. The first dive I did was navigation where I had to use a compass to navigate myself in a 10 x 10 Meter square. The next dive we did was buoyancy control where I learned to control my body so that it floated right above the ocean floor and I could swim effortlessly above it by using my breath to control how much I hovered up or down. So far its been a great two dives.

Tomorrow I have my final day of SCUBA training where I get to do three more dives for my certification. (A deep dive, wreck dive, and marine life dive where I get to learn about different types of fish and how to identify them).

No comments:

Post a Comment